There’s something special about a brand new tablet with little blue lines, the untouched pages of a sketch book or a totally blank journal. They wait to be filled…with words, paragraphs, stories. They wait to record the new year in a life.
What used to come so easy for me is harder just now – the words. It is a time in my life when I am being careful with my feelings and not quite putting those into words. It is a time when my life is being reinvented. Without a doubt, it is a time when I must choose to move forward and be happy.
While I am not making any “resolutions” as such, I am going to work on a few things…
- After 6 years and literally thousands of photographs, my camera is at death’s door. I’d love to have a Canon EOS…I think…I’ll do a little more research. I’d like to find a community college here and enroll in a photography class.
- I’ve started a series of children’s books that I’d like to finally have published.
- I’d like to learn to crochet and knit (something other than a scarf). As many “elderly” (I’m not one of them!) people as there are in this condo building, I’m guessing there is someone here who could teach me. If not, I’ll find a class.
- I purchased a new sewing machine and I’m looking forward to creating adorable outfits for my grandchildren. I have six beautiful granddaughters, so that’s a lot of sewing! I’m sure I can come up with some things my two grandsons would enjoy as well.
- I would like to finally finish sorting and organizing the thousands of photos taken over my lifetime!
- I NEED to get involved in a “life group” at church and make some friends.
I love the cover of this journal below. It’s empty for now. My thirteen year old granddaughter journals faithfully every day. Most likely, I will give it to her and simply keep a private journal on my computer. It is easier to think with my fingers on the keyboard.
Here’s wishing each of you a happy and healthy 2013…filled with time with your family making wonderful memories!